Notice of Development Permit Decisions
Due to Covid-19 the Provincial Government made several temporary changes to the Municipal Government Act that directly affect Planning and Development. These changes may be subject to further clarification. Please contact Planning and Development with any questions.
The Town of Olds has authorized the conditional issuance of the following permits:
Approval September 8, 2021 – Appeal Period ends September 29, 2021
DP21-134 Change of Use to Industrial-Light. 5710 48 Avenue. Applicant / Owner: TruGreen Metal Recycling / Sharp Street Properties Ltd.
DP21-135 Rear Yard Deck Extension. 24 Winter Drive. Applicant / Owner: Dale Rankel.
Approval September 10, 2021 – Appeal Period ends October 1, 2021
- DP21-137 - Fascia Sign. Location: #370, 6900 46 Street. Applicant / Owner: Concept 21 Sign Manufacturers Inc. / Long Sky Developments Ltd.
Approval September 16, 2021 – Appeal Period ends October 7, 2021
- DP21-136 - New Light Industrial Shop & Office. Location: 6508 48 Avenue. Applicant / Owner: Olds Concrete Services (2014) Ltd.
- DP21-122 - Sunroom with variance to minimum rear yard. Location: 57 Beech Crescent. Applicant / Owner: Sunrooms & Awnings Ltd. / Cecilia Sanderson.
Approval September 20, 2021 – Appeal Period ends October 11, 2021
- DP21-144 - Driveway. Location: 5514 54 Street. Applicant / Owner: Pat Bateman.
- DP21-143 - Variance to Garage Height. Location: 5426 43 Street. Applicant / Owner: Mike & Wendy Daley.
- DP21-146 - Rear Yard Deck. Location: 18 Balsam Crescent. Applicant / Owner: Bevin Hamilton.
Any person who deems they may be affected by the issuance of these development permits may appeal to the Regional Subdivision and Development Appeal Board before the end appeal date noted below.
- All Development Permit issuances may be appealed by the owner/applicant.
- Permitted Use Development Permits may be appealed by any person affected by the decision where the Land Use Bylaw was relaxed, varied, or misinterpreted.
- Discretionary Development Permits may be appealed by any Persons affected by the decision.
The appeal date is determined to be twenty one (21) days from the date of notification in the paper of record. Appeal applications are to be filed with the Regional Subdivision & Development Appeal Board directly though Parkland Community Planning Services (PCPS) at the address below. Applications must include your name, address and phone number.