Notice of Development Permit Decisions
Due to Covid-19 the Provincial Government made several temporary changes to the Municipal Government Act that directly affect Planning and Development. These changes may be subject to further clarification. Please contact Planning and Development with any questions.
The Town of Olds has authorized the conditional issuance of the following permits:
Approval May 4, 2023 – Appeal Period ends May 25, 2023
- DP23-040 - Temporary Patio. Location: 4919 49 Avenue. Applicant / Owner: 1340289 AB/Scott van de Pypekamp.
Approval May 8, 2023 – Appeal Period ends May 29, 2023
- DP23-035 - Accessory Residential Building (two-storey accessory residential building, garage on the ground level with a wood working shop on the second floor for personal use only). Location: 4102 50 Avenue. Applicant / Owner: James Rosenberger.
- DP23-059 - Rooftop Solar Installation. Location: 4610 47 Avenue. Applicant / Owner: Barbara Bell.
- DP23-058 - Deck Extension. Location: 12 Destination Place. Applicant / Owner: Robin Davidson.
Approval May 9, 2023 – Appeal Period ends May 30, 2023
- DP23-062 - Extension to Existing Rear Deck. Location: 5317 Silverthorn Road. Applicant / Owner: Jonathan Anderson.
- DP23-068 - Existing Rear Deck. Location: 5401 58 Street. Applicant / Owner: Marvin & Donna Manz.
- DP23-069 - Existing Covered Rear Deck. Location: 5813 Ash Street. Applicant / Owner: Israel & Leanne Cala.
- DP23-054 - Residential Accessory Building – Detached Garage (26’ x 24’). Location: 6615 57 Street. Applicant / Owner: Kevin Gray.
Approval May 11, 2023 – Appeal Period ends June 1, 2023
- DP23-057 (203) - Change in Use – Office – Designing & Distribution. Location: 203, 5001 49 Avenue. Applicant / Owner: Manharpreet Singh/ Benjamin Luellau.
- DP23-057 (205) - Change in Use - Office. Location: 205, 5001 49 Avenue. Applicant / Owner: Balijit Kaur/ Benjamin Luellau.
Approval May 15, 2023 – Appeal Period ends June 5, 2023
- DP23-045 - Change in Use – Staff Residence in Basement for Interns Only. Location: 5202 50 Avenue. Applicant / Owner: Homestead Custom Carpentry/No Neck Boys Inc.
Approval May 16, 2023 – Appeal Period ends June 6, 2023
- DP23-067 - Temporary Patio. Location: 4601 46 Avenue. Applicant / Owner: Olds College Brewery / The Board of Governors of Olds College.
- DP23-050 - Garage Addition to Manufactured Home. #6, 5210 65 Avenue. Applicant / Owner: C.C Homes Ltd. / Ross & Margaret Wilson.
Approval May 23, 2023 – Appeal Period ends June 13, 2023
- DP23-056 - Fitness Centre. Location: 103, 4218 46th Avenue. Applicant / Owner: Kimberly Bautista/Bhupinder Singh.
Any person who deems they may be affected by the issuance of these development permits may appeal to the Regional Subdivision and Development Appeal Board before the end appeal date noted.
See a list of Current Appeals here.
- All Development Permit issuances may be appealed by the owner/applicant.
- Permitted Use Development Permits may be appealed by any person affected by the decision where the Land Use Bylaw was relaxed, varied, or misinterpreted.
- Discretionary Development Permits may be appealed by any Persons affected by the decision.
The appeal date is determined to be twenty one (21) days from the date of notification. Appeal applications are to be filed with the Regional Subdivision & Development Appeal Board directly though Parkland Community Planning Services (PCPS) at the address below. Applications must include your name, address and phone number.
Parkland Community Planning Services
Unit B, 4730 Ross Street
Red Deer, Alberta T4N 1X2
Phone: (403) 343-3394