The Town of Olds contracts municipal policing services through the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).

For ALL emergencies, call 911

Olds RCMP Detachment

5110 - 65 Avenue

Olds, Alberta  T4H 1L8


Non-emergency complaint line:

To report an incident or complaint, call 403-556-3323


General enquiries / information:

Administration Telephone: 403-556-3324

The Administration Telephone is not a reporting line.  If you require emergency support, please dial 911.  To report an incident or complaint call 403-556-3323. 

Public Office Hours

Monday to Friday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Closed statutory holidays)

Please note: Office is closed the first Friday of every month.

Online Reporting

You can file a report online if:

- You have lost something that costs less than $5000
- Someone has stolen something from you that costs less than $5000
- Someone has vandalized your property or vehicle and it will cost less than $5000 to repair it
- The crime happened within the jurisdiction of the Alberta RCMP
- Thefts over $5,000 are accepted from oil, telecommunications, and utility companies

You cannot use online crime reporting if:

- There is a witness or suspect
- There are lost or stolen items involving personal identity, firearms, licence plates or decals

All crimes reported online to the Alberta RCMP will be followed up with a phone call from a police officer within five business days.

Report Crimes Online Here

Public Office Hours*

Monday to Friday: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm (***Closed statutory holidays***)

* In the event of an emergency or criminal complaint, police officers are still working and can be reached at (403) 556-3323 or 911.

Olds RCMP - Who do I call? Make the right call.

Emergencies (9-1-1)

Call this number only when urgent police, fire or ambulance is needed (24-Hours).

Olds RCMP Non-Emergency Complaint Line

Phone: 403-556-3323
Call the complaint line 24 hours a day or visit the Olds RCMP detachment office during operating hours (listed above) for non-urgent situations. For example:

  • Break-ins or thefts where the suspect is gone

  • Reporting a crime that happened some time ago
  • Suspicious vehicle, person or activity
  • Neighbourhood disputes including noise complaints
  • Non-urgent cases where immediate police attendance is not crucial

Olds RCMP Administration Line

Phone: 403-556-3324 - This is not a reporting line! Please use the Non-Emergency Complaint Line.
For general inquiries, information requests, investigation inquiries or to speak to members & staff, call between 8:30 am - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday (except on statutory holidays). 

Crime Stoppers

Phone: 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS)
Call Crime Stoppers or use their online reporting software if you want a confidential means to report anonymously. Crime Stoppers is an independent not-for-profit organization that works with law enforcement agencies.

Chinook Arch Victims Services

Phone: 1-844-828-4133

Following a traumatic experience in which you are a victim of a crime, misfortune or tragedy, you may be overwhelmed, confused and distrustful of others. Victim Services can help by providing support, information, referrals and court support as needed.

Criminal Record Checks (CRC) / Vulnerable Sector Checks (VSC)

Criminal Record Checks (CRCs) - name and/or vulnerable sector -  can be completed at the Olds RCMP detachment as long as you are a resident of the Olds detachment service area.


There is a $40.00 fee for any CRC required for employment purposes; This only applies to the residents of hte town of Olds. If fingerprints are required an additional fee of $50.00 (cash only) is required (see below).

IMPORTANT:  Please note - You must pay for your CRC prior to picking up results.  CRC’s are paid for at the Town of Olds Administration Office.  The RCMP does NOT take payment at the detachment.

There is no fee for a CRC for volunteer or educational purposes, as long as a letter from the volunteer organization or school requesting the check, is provided.


You are required to attend the Olds detachment and fill out the appropriate application form. You will also need to provide one piece of government photo ID (driver's license, passport, PAL, etc.) and 1 piece of ID that contains your name and birthdate (birth certificate, Alberta Health Card, etc.). If your ID does not confirm your residency in the Olds detachment area, then proof must also be provided (rental agreement, utility bill, etc.)

How long will it take?

CRC applications will have results ready for pick up the following Wednesday. Results will be held for 90 days. If you are required to submit fingerprints, there is an additional wait time.

Electronic Fingerprinting

The Olds RCMP does electronic fingerprinting on Tuesdays. Please phone the administration line at 403-556-3324 during office hours to book an appointment and/or for questions about fees.

Fingerprints and reports being returned from Ottawa can take apporximately 4 months.  If a criminal record does exist, a longer waiting time can be expected.

Reporting Motor Vehicle Collisions

If no one is seriously injured and both vehicles are driveable, you do not need police to attend the scene of your collision. However, you will need to report the collision afterward if there are any minor injuries or damage is more than $2,000.

  • Call 9-1-1 if there has been a serious injury or fatality, or if the driver involved in the accident appears to be in violation of the Criminal Code (for example, intoxicated).
  • Call the RCMP complaint line at 403-556-3323 (24 hours) if any vehicle involved in the collision is not driveable or if any driver involved fails to produce registration, insurance or a driver's license.
  • Call the RCMP complaint line at 403-556-3323 (24 hours) if any vehicle involved in the collision cannot be moved to the side of the road, and its position is likely to cause another collision.
  • You are not required to call police if the vehicles are driveable and the above factors are not applicable.

Exchange information with other driver

Instead of writing the information out, if you have a cell phone, you can use it to take pictures of:

  • The other driver's registration, insurance and driver's license
  • If possible, take pictures that show the damage to both vehicles (for your insurance company) and;
  • The location of the collision.
  • Obtain contact information from any persons that may have witnessed the collision.

In Person Report

Report the Collision in person at the Olds RCMP detachment front counter 5110 - 65th Avenue, Olds, Alberta - 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Friday (except statutory holidays).

You will be required to fill out a collision report and provide the information you exchanged with the other driver: registration, insurance, and driver's license for all the involved vehicles. Please ensure you have the exact location of the collision as per Alberta Transportation rules. After filling the report, you are responsible for reporting the collision to your insurance company. 


Fraud and Scam Information and Resources

Don't fall victim to scams and frauds - Even as current scams get reported, fraudsters continue to come up with new ways to try to scam money from anyone: youth, seniors, business people, singles, widows and widowers, animal lovers, people wanting to help after natural disasters, and people buying and selling items online.

Have you been the victim of a scam or fraud?

  • If you have NOT lost money but suspect you have been targeted, contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre 1-888-495-8501.

  • If you receive a suspicious email or telephone call soliciting your financial and/or banking information, DO NOT reply or give any information to them, and advise the bank/agency involved.

  • If you are a victim of fraud and have lost money as a result, report to the Olds detachment and provide a statement and any documentation etc.

The best defence is a good offence

Arm yourself and the vulnerable people in your life with preventive tips for dealing with scammers, regardless of which story they're spinning you.

  • Remember, whether the request is from a legitimate company or a scammer, you have the right to ask as many questions as you need to, and take as much time as you need to, in order to decide if they merit your trust.

  • Do not give out personal information over the phone or otherwise, unless you were the one to initiate contact and it is an organization you trust.
  • Ask for written information about the person, business or charity.
  • Ask for identification and registered charity numbers. Confirm the validity of the information you are given by looking up their phone number and website yourself rather than using the information they offer you.
  • Do not send any money or pay a fee to claim a prize.
  • Be suspicious if this is a "today only" offer. If it is truly a legitimate deal, it will be there tomorrow.
  • Be wary of appeals that tug at your heart strings, especially pleas involving current events.
  • Treat your personal information with care; do not leave it lying around for others to take. Shred old bills, statements, credit cards, etc.
  • Rely on established businesses or individuals, whose reliability and credibility can be established through a professional organization such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) or the Chamber of Commerce.

Links and Resources: