What is Family and Community Support Services (FCSS)?
Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) is a unique 80/20 funding partnership between the province and municipalities, including Mountain View County. Under FCSS, communities design and deliver social programs that are preventive in nature to promote and enhance well-being among individuals, families, and communities. The programs depend on community resources, often involving volunteers in management and delivery.
Types of services eligible for funding:
- Services that promote the social development of children and their families;
- Services that enrich and strengthen family life by developing skills so people can function more effectively within their own environment;
- Services that enhance the quality of life of the retired and semi-retired;
- Services to promote, encourage and support volunteer work in the community;
- Services to assist communities to identify their social needs and develop responses to meet those needs;
- Services to inform the public of available services.
Types of services that may not be eligible for funding:
Services provided under a program must not:
provide primarily for the recreational needs or leisure time pursuits of individuals;
- offer direct assistance, including money, food, clothing or shelter, to sustain an individual or family;
- be primarily rehabilitative in nature; nor duplicate services that are ordinarily provided by a government or government agency.
FCSS Funding Application
Download the 2022 FCSS Funding Application.
Applications must be received at Mountain View County on or before November 12, 2021.