What is Family and Community Support Services (FCSS)?
Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) is a unique 80/20 funding partnership between the province and municipalities, including Mountain View County. Under FCSS, communities design and deliver social programs that are preventive in nature to promote and enhance well-being among individuals, families, and communities. The programs depend on community resources, often involving volunteers in management and delivery.
Types of services eligible for funding:
- Services that promote the social development of children and their families;
- Services that enrich and strengthen family life by developing skills so people can function more effectively within their own environment;
- Services that enhance the quality of life of the retired and semi-retired;
- Services to promote, encourage and support volunteer work in the community;
- Services to assist communities to identify their social needs and develop responses to meet those needs;
- Services to inform the public of available services.
Types of services that may not be eligible for funding:
Services provided under a program must not:
provide primarily for the recreational needs or leisure time pursuits of individuals;
- offer direct assistance, including money, food, clothing or shelter, to sustain an individual or family;
- be primarily rehabilitative in nature; nor duplicate services that are ordinarily provided by a government or government agency.
FCSS Funding Application
Applications for funding are released annually in the fall.
Watch this page or follow the Town of Olds social media channeal for announcements.
Community Groups funded by Olds FCSS in 2022 include:
Mountain View Emergency Shelter Society
HOPE – The Conversation Has To Happen (no web site)
Olds and District Hospice Society
Mountain View Moccasin house
Holy Trinity School
Chinooks Edge School Division - Family School Wellness Program
Chinooks Edge School Division – YES (Youth Empowerment Support)
Mountain View County Adult Learning Society
Chinooks Arch Victim Services
Boys & Girls Club of Olds and Area