TOWN OF OLDS
BYLAW NO. 2019-27
A BYLAW of the Town of Olds in the Province of Alberta RESPEGTING RATES TO BE CHARGED FOR MUNICIPAL SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE TOWN OF OLDS.
WHEREAS paragraph 8 of the Municipal Government Act Revised Statues of Alberta 1994 and amendments thereto authorizes a Municipality, by bylaw, to establish fees for
licenses, permits and approvals, and
WHEREAS paragraph 61(2) authorizes a municipality to charge fees, tolls and charges for the use of its property, and
WHEREAS paragraph 481 authorizes a municipality to establish fees payable to a person wishing to make a complaint to the Assessment Review Board, and
WHEREAS paragraph 630.1 authorizes a municipality to establish fees for planning functions, and
WHEREAS paragraph 6 gives a municipality natural persons powers, which imply the power to charge for, goods and services provided.
NOW, THEREFORE, THE MUNICIPAL COUNCIL OF THE TOWN OF OLDS, IN THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA, DULY ASSEMBLED, ENACTS AS FOLLOWS:
This Bylaw may be referred to as the RATES BYLAW of the Town of Olds.
“Municipal Services” means; annual rates, fees, tolls and charges for various goods, licenses, permits and services provided by the Town of Olds.
1. That the rates specified in the Schedules attached be charged for the Municipal Services as specified.
2. This bylaw shall be reviewed and brought before Council in September annually.
3. From time to time, review and amendments to the various schedules may be required outside the annual review of the RATES BYLAW.
4. This bylaw comes into full force and effect on January 1, 2020;
5. All schedules attached to this Bylaw form part of this Bylaw
Schedule "A" Water, Wastewater and Solid Waste Rates
Schedule "B" Fiscal Services Rates
Schedule "C" Cemetery Rates
Schedule "D" Arena
Schedule "E" Planning and Development Fees
Schedule "F" Building Permit Fees
Schedule "G" Fire Rates
Schedule "H" Aquatic Centre Rates
Schedule "I" Enforcement
Schedule "J" Animal Control Rates
Schedule "K" Off Site Levy Rates
Schedule "L" Assessment Review Board
Schedule "M" Business License Fees
Schedule “N” Public Transportation
Schedule “O” Sports Fields
6. Should any rates mentioned here still appear in older bylaws not yet revised the rates mentioned in this bylaw shall be in full force and effect and
Supersede previous rates.
7. Bylaw 2018-34 is hereby repealed effective January 1, 2020.
Read for a first time this 9th day of December, 2019.
Read for a second time this 9th day of December, 2019.
Unanimous consent for third reading this 9th day of December, 2019.
Read for a third and final time this 9th day of December, 2019.
Chief Administrative Officer
Signed by the Chief Elected Official and the Chief Administrative Officer this 12th day of December, 2019.
Due to the length of this bylaw, please click on the Download PDF link at the top of this page.