Construction will be taking place at several locations in Olds over the summer. Please note that traffic and/or access could be affected. Individual projects listed below.
- Road reconstruction
- No Deep utility construction.
- Expected construction duration is 4 weeks. (Weather dependent)
- Expected start date of August 4. (Weather dependent)
- Notice to Residents
- No deep utility construction
- Road reconstruction in areas of road failure.
- Asphalt overlay.
- There will be a full road closure for approximately a week to a week and a half. This is scheduled for mid-August. More info to come.
- Approximate construction duration is 3 weeks.
52 Ave and HWY 27 Intersection:
- This is a formal road closure.
- Concrete barricades will be removed and new curb will be installed along Highway 27.
- Topsoil will be placed to extend the boulevard.
- A new sidewalk will be poured to connect across the closed intersection.
- Anticipated start date: Aug. 4. (Weather dependent)
- Anticipated duration: three weeks. (Weather dependent)
70 Ave south:
- From HWY 27 to the south edge of the Highlands (approximately 1 mile)
- Asphalt overlay and road reconstruction.
- Spot repairs will be completed at road failures.
- A section along the Highlands will receive asphalt pulverisation and re-shaped for re-paving.
65 Ave and HWY 27: (North side of the intersection by the UFA and Art Commons)
- This is a mill and overlay.
- Traffic delays should be expected.
50 Ave & 54 Street:
- Mill and overlay of this intersection.
- Installation of a concrete drainage swale.
- A road closure may be required for this swale. (working through the details of this currently)
- Settlement repairs in front of the bowling alley, and the strip mall to the North.