NOTICE: Covid-19 Update September 19, 2021
On Wednesday September 15, 2021 the Province introduced a State of Public Health Emergency and new restrictions to address the increasing health care crisis facing Albertans.
Therefore, the Town of Olds will be implementing the Restriction Exemption Program in the Olds Aquatic Centre and the Sportsplex effective Monday, September 20th.
Choosing the Restriction Exemption Program was determined with a lot of consideration from all angles. For more information on the Restriction Exemption Program, visit www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx.
We know this is a divisive topic. We understand not everyone will agree. We thank you in advance for your patience and your kindness to our staff who have not chosen to implement these restrictions, but who are asked to help implement them.
Adults (over 18), who are participating in sport, fitness, recreation and performance activities at the Olds Aquatic Centre and/or the Olds Sportsplex must provide one of the following:
- proof of at least one dose of a vaccination
- a negative test result from a COVID-19 test completed within the past 72 hours
- proof of medical exemption
Note: Spectators at either facility, do not require proof of vaccination, as the Town of Olds will adhere to Alberta Health Services’ business capacity and operating restrictions of 1/3 of fire code capacity, must be of a single household or 2 close contacts if living alone, must be masked, and maintain 2 metres of physical distancing.
The Sportsplex features an arena with two ice surfaces and a six-sheet Curling facility.
- Main ice surface (200' x 85') is used from approximately April to July for lacrosse and from mid-August to March for ice rentals.
- Auxiliary ice surface (180' x 85') is used from June to September for non-ice functions and from October to May for ice rentals.
- Upstairs Concourse is also available for rentals, shows, meetings, and other functions.
- Viewing areas for both ice surfaces are wheel-chair accessible.