All activities are offered by reservation only. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-556-3244 for details.
All activities must adhere to guidelines as outlined on the Government of Alberta website.
Mandatory restrictions – Provincewide – Revised April 7
Eligible participants include:
- youth 18 years old and under
- members of a collegiate or university athletic program
- coaches or trainers
Limited group physical activities allowed
- Lessons, practices and physical conditioning activities are allowed for indoor and outdoor minor sports/activities and school athletics (for example, school sport activities that are outside of a physical education class or related part of the school curriculum).
- Games are not allowed.
- Only one youth group can occupy an indoor playing surface at a time (for example, arenas, fields, courts or pools)
- Maximum of 10 total individuals, including all coaches, trainers, and participants.
- An outdoor playing surface (for example, arena, field, court or swimming pool) may be occupied by more than one youth group, as long as 3-metres of physical distancing can be maintained between groups of 10 and the groups do not intermingle.
- Physical distancing must be maintained between participants at all times:
- 3 metres physical distance for indoor activities
- 2 metres physical distance for outdoor activities
- coaches or trainers may enter physical distancing space for brief interactions with participants (for example, to correct form or technique)
- Participants must be masked at all times, except during high intensity physical activity. Coaches and trainers must remain masked at all times.
- Access to change rooms must be limited, including accelerated arrival and departure, emergencies (for example, first aid) and washroom use.
- K-12 schools and post-secondary institutions are allowed to use off-site facilities to support curriculum-related educational activities.
The Alberta Junior Hockey League
The Alberta Junior Hockey League Activities of the Olds Grizzlys AJHL organization may look different from that of other activities. Effective March 12, the AJHL is regulated under an exemption order by the Chief Medical Officer of Health. The AJHL must continue to promote appropriate hygiene, physical distancing, and abide by other measures identified by public health authorities to protect participants and the public from further transmission of COVID-19. The AJHL-related activity is distinct from recreational play/leagues and minor sports because they are expected to have the operational and financial sophistication required to ensure enhanced health screening of players, cohort management, private COVID testing, and other requirements.
The Sportsplex features an Arena with two ice surfaces and a six sheet Curling facility.
- Main ice surface (200' x 85') is used from approximately April to July for Lacrosse and from mid-August to March for ice rentals.
- Auxiliary ice surface (180' x 85') is used from April to September for non-ice functions and from October to May for ice rentals.
- Upstairs Concourse is also available for rentals, shows, meetings, and other functions. (Suspended due to COVID-19)
- Viewing areas for both ice surfaces are wheel-chair accessible.
- The Olds Curling Club operates the curling facility.