Planning & Development

COVID-19 Impact on Planning & Development

Due to Covid-19 the Alberta Municipal Government has made several temporary changes to the Municipal Government Act that directly affect Planning and Development. These changes may be subject to further clarification.

At this time Municipalities will continue to process applications but may have extended processing time frames. Please contact Planning and Development with any questions.

The Planning and Development department is responsible for all aspects of land-use planning, including long-range planning and subdivisions to ensure that growth and development occur in an organized and rational manner, while maintaining or enhancing the quality of life.