Municipal Enforcement

Community Peace Officers are responsible for the enforcement of the Town's bylaws and various Provincial Statutes within the Town of Olds.

 Olds Municipal Enforcement

4512 46 Street

Olds, AB T4H 1R5

Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm

Closed Statutory Holidays



Call 9-1-1 for EMERGENCIES (Police/Fire/Ambulance)
Call this number only when vital assistance of police, fire or ambulance is needed (24 Hours).

To report an incident or complaint 24 hours a day. When a Community Peace Officer is on-duty they will be notified of a complaint.

COVID-19 Complaints

To report concerns and for questions you have regarding establishments not following Public Health Orders,  residents are to notify Alberta Health Services via its Environmental Public Health Page or call 1-833-415-9179.

General Inquiries/Information:
Visit the Olds Municipal Enforcement Office during operating hours (listed above) for non-urgent situations. For general inquiries, information requests, contact the office. Messages can be left on this line after hours to be addressed during the next business day, or email with any questions.

Administration Telephone: 403-507-4859
Administration Fax: 403-556-6537
Administration Email:

Online Inquiries, Concerns or Suggestions

To ask a question, leave a compliment, or make a suggestion online:

Submit online

Municipal Enforcement Services

The Town of Olds is recognized by the Alberta Solicitor General as an authorized employer of Community Peace Officers, pursuant to the Alberta Peace Officer Act. The Town of Olds Community Peace Officers are provincially appointed. They are responsible for the enforcement of the Town's bylaws, various provincial regulations and enhancing, preserving, and maintaining community standards.

Officers investigate and resolve complaints/inquiries, conduct routine preventive patrols, and when necessary, take remedial action or enforcement including warnings/ticketing. The Town prefers to work with residents for voluntary compliance of the community bylaws before enacting enforcement actions, such as issuing tickets or seeking stronger solutions (Town of Olds Enforcement and Compliance Continuum). 

Community Peace Officers handle various enforcement issues and assist with Fire and Police (RCMP).

Community Standards Bylaw

Quick Guide to Community Standards Bylaw

Parking Compliance

Town of Olds has  regulations that govern how and where vehicles may be parked. These regulations help protect the safety of all residents, the environment and ensure community standards are preserved.

Residential Parking

Uptowne Core Parking

Animal Services

Responsible Pet Ownership

Visit the new decdicated Animal Services Page


Care of Properties

Maintain Your Property - Streets, alleys, sidewalks and boulevards around your property are to be clear of overhanging branches, shrubs, garbage and debris. Further information is available on the following:


Dealing with Noxious Weeds

Care of Properties - Unsightly

Snow Removal

Snow and ice that is not removed from the sidewalks can be a safety hazard for people using the sidewalk, increasing the risk of slips and falls. It can also be an obstacle for strollers, wheelchairs, etc.


Property Owners' Responsibilities 

As a result, the Town of Olds requires property owners and renters to remove snow, ice and slush from their sidewalks within 48 hours. Even though the sidewalks are owned by the Town, it is the resident’s responsibility to take care of  them.

  • Snow and ice will be considered removed when the sidewalk is cleaned for the entire width of the sidewalk surface.

  • Applying a de-icing mixture can help remove ice from sidewalks.
  • When an owner or renter is absent, the owner/renter must make arrangements to ensure the sidewalks are maintained in accordance with the Community Standards Bylaw.
  • When the Town receives a complaint about sidewalks that are not cleared, Municipal Enforcement investigates and may issue an 'Order to Comply'.
  • To report a sidewalk that has not been cleared within 48 hours of a snowfall, please use the Report a Problem feature on our website.
  • No snow shall be  placed on any public sidewalk, alley, roadway, or street from private property and/or sidewalk.
  • Following a snow event,  it is the responsibilty of residents to watch our Social Media feeds and/or road signage for the most up to date information regarding which routes are scheduled for snow removal. 
  • Vehicles may be ticketed and/or towed if blocking snow removal procedures.