Can’t find a suitable place to live in Olds? SOUND OFF!
Town of Olds Housing Needs Assessment
Your opinions on housing are needed
This survey is for anyone living in the Town of Olds, renters or owners. Your input is needed for community planning.
Submit your feedback now! Submission deadline is March 14, 2023.
The Town of Olds, along with the Ministry of Seniors, Community and Social Services, want to understand exactly what’s missing for local affordable options for housing in the community. The results of this anonymous survey will be sent to the province for a local housing assessment. The responses provided in this survey will impact how the Government of Alberta provides housing support for our community.
Input is needed from all groups in our community such as:
- Families of all different sizes
- Adults living alone
- Newcomers to Canada
- College students
- People who are differently abled
Information collected is anonymous and will impact housing development in the community.
All responses must be in by March 14, 2023.
What is Family and Community Support Services (FCSS)?
Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) is a unique 80/20 funding partnership between the province and municipalities, including Mountain View County. Under FCSS, communities design and deliver social programs that are preventive in nature to promote and enhance well-being among individuals, families, and communities. The programs depend on community resources, often involving volunteers in management and delivery.
Types of services eligible for funding:
- Services that promote the social development of children and their families;
- Services that enrich and strengthen family life by developing skills so people can function more effectively within their own environment;
- Services that enhance the quality of life of the retired and semi-retired;
- Services to promote, encourage and support volunteer work in the community;
- Services to assist communities to identify their social needs and develop responses to meet those needs;
- Services to inform the public of available services.
Types of services that may not be eligible for funding:
Services provided under a program must not:
provide primarily for the recreational needs or leisure time pursuits of individuals;
- offer direct assistance, including money, food, clothing or shelter, to sustain an individual or family;
- be primarily rehabilitative in nature; nor duplicate services that are ordinarily provided by a government or government agency.
FCSS Funding Application
Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) applications for the 2023 funding year are now available. The applications open every October.
FCSS Outcome Measures Bank - Children and Youth
For more information contact Heather Dixon, at 403-556-6981 ext. 4838 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Groups funded by Olds FCSS in 2023 include: