Province wide COVID-19 restrictions in effect. To learn more go to The Provincial Government Covid-19 page.
Effective Until Further Notice:
• Masks worn in all indoor public spaces.
• No indoor social gatherings are permitted in any setting.
• Outdoor gatherings - up to 10 people allowed.
• Indoor close contacts must be limited to people in the same household.
• People who live alone can have up to the same 2 non-household contacts.
• Gathering restriction exemptions apply to service visits from caregivers, health or child care providers and co-parenting arrangements.
• Places of worship restricted to 15% of occupancy (with mandatory masking and physical distancing between families).
• Funeral ceremony attendance - 20 people, with mandatory masking and two metre physical distancing.
• Funeral receptions are still not allowed.
• Mandatory work from home, unless the employer determines work requires physical presence for operational effectiveness.
Businesses closed for in-person service include:
• Restaurants, bars and cafes (takeout, curbside pickup and deliveries are encouraged).
• Fitness and recreation centres, pools, arenas, libraries, museums and casinos.
• Additional business closures are listed here.
Businesses that are open for in-person service but with restrictions include:
• Most retail businesses may remain open with capacity limited to 15% of the occupancy set under the Alberta Fire Code.
• Personal and wellness services - allowed to open by appointment only.
• Regulated health services can remain open by appointment only as long as public health orders and sector guidance is followed. Appointments should be limited to one-on-one services.
• Physicians, dentists, physical therapists, optometrists, hearing aid practitioners, acupuncturists, naturopaths.