All businesses operating within the Town of Olds require a Town of Olds Business Licence. Some businesses need permits as well.
If you are starting a new business, you can use BizPal to help you find whether any more licences or permits are required by the province.
Non-Residential Tax Incentive Program
Beginning February 1, 2023, eligible businesses may apply to this program. Eligibility criteria include:
- Growth in municipal property assessment of a building by at least $100,000
- Employ at least 2 full time people (or equivalent)
- Submitting an application form for approval.
Business Licence Fees
Fees are outlined in the Town of Olds Rates Bylaw
Yearly Business Licence
- $125.00 per year - if the business has a permanent location within the Town. (Resident business.)
- $225.00 per year - if the business doesn't normally operate within the Town. (Non-resident business.)
Licences are valid for the calendar year, from January 1st to December 31st.
Half-Year Business Licence Fees
If this is your first time getting a business licence, between July 1st and December 31st the fee is only 50% of the yearly fees above.
Temporary Business Licence Fees
Resident Business (Temporary) - $25.00 per 4 consecutive weeks
- Non-Resident Business (Temporary) - $50.00 per 4 consecutive weeks
For questions please e-mail email@example.com or call 403-507-4806.