Toilet & Inflow Reduction Rebate Programs
Contact - Utilities Administrator
Your big, old toilet is costing you a fortune! A toilet can waste thousands of litres of water every year, figuratively flushing your money down the drain. New six-litre toilets with proven technology can give the same results with less water, saving up to two-thirds water with every flush, and saving you up to $100 per year in water and sewer charges.
Inflow Reduction Rebate Program
The Town is initiating a program for inflow reduction. The rebate program runs between May 1, 2012 until October 31, 2012, or as funds are available. Funds will be distributed on a 'first come, first serve' basis, until Pilot Program Funding is exhausted. Residents may submit an application for eligible purchases that were made prior to the launch of the program, from January 1, 2012 onwards.
Toilet Rebate Program
The Toilet Replacement Program gives Olds citizens an opportunity to receive a toilet replacement Rebate for replacing old toilets with new water saving toilets. Applicants may be eligible for a toilet replacement Rebate by installing water saving six-litre, 4.5 litre or three-litre / six-litre dual flush toilets. Rebates are $50 per toilet. Maximum of five toilet replacement Rebates per Utility account.
Toilet replacement Rebates are processed on a first-come, first-processed basis. Incomplete applications will be returned. Retroactive applications may also be considered from January 1, 2007 onward.
How the Toilet Replacement Program Works
STEP 1 - Determine your Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants
- Current Town of Olds Water & Wastewater Utility customer
- Utility Account in good standing
- Property built before January 2007
- Have a 13-litre or 20-litre toilet to replace
STEP 2 - Purchase a new water-saving toilet
- Six-litre (6L), 4.5-litre or three-litre / six-litre (3L/6L) dual flush toilets. Sales receipts must be included with your application. Maximum of five toilet replacement Rebates per Utility account.
STEP 3 - Toilet Disposal
- Complete an Application Form at Town Office so that staff may verify the toilet's eligibility for a Rebate.
- Dispose of toilet appropriately.
STEP 4 - Send in your Application
- To Receive your Rebate - Send in:
- Completed Application Form.
- Original sales receipt for new toilet. (keep a copy for your records)